Marcus is one of the lucky ones that gets to spend his birthday celebrating with all of his closest friends to the max – his bday is on NYE! Last year I threw him a big surprise party, but this go around we had a few close friends get together and celebrate in a more relaxed environment.
Happy happy bday Marcus! I hope your day was wonderful!
Early on in our NYE celebrations, we headed over to my parent’s neighborhood and hung out at the neighborhood Pajama Party. It was the easiest party I have ever gotten ready for. PJ Pants? Check! Slippers? Check! It was a PJ Party! We had a great time and were able to hang out for a bit, before heading back to our place to hang out with our friends that came in town.
We took a new spin on NYE this year! Rather than going out to a restaurant and having to deal with reservations and crowds, we had a NYE potluck at our place. Everyone brought a side item and their choice of entree,we all hung out for a couple hours, and then headed out to a few neighborhood bars.
Starting 2012 Off Right!
Early last week, I got an email from my local Lululemon showroom about a New Years Day yoga class that was being held about two blocks from my house! I knew I needed to make it! I slipped out of the house around 8:45am to walk up to the class by 9, and made it with a few minutes to spare. The class was held right by a nice fountain in Hyde Park Village, so it was a much different take on yoga for sure!
I was so pumped that I made it to the class! I had a cross training day schedule on my marathon plan, and this fit the bill perfectly! Such an amazing way to start off the new year!
My 2012 Goals!
Let’s get this out of the way first – I do not believe in resolutions. I don’t think that going to sleep one night should result in a bunch of new things to stop (or start) doing when you wake up. Rather than resolutions, I believe in goals and commitments. I don’t want to resolve to doing something. I want to commit to doing it! I feel farther along in the process already!
And now for 2012. Here are a few goals that I am committed to achieving this year!
- Throw in some variety – I am making it a priority to make swimming part of my exercise routine. I haven’t been in the pool in years! I love the way I feel after a good swim – my muscles are fatigued, my body feels elongated, and I never feel beat up like I do after a long run. In 2012, I’m diving in! I also want to get more into yoga, and focus on elongating my muscles and becoming more flexible. Yoga practice is so calming, and I could really use some more relaxing workouts!
- Pull It Up - I have never been able to do a pull up completely on my own. This year, I am going to do just that! It seems small, but will be a big win for me! Hold me to that one!
- Continue to Save – Marcus and I sat down about a month ago, and mapped out the next few years financially. It is a goal of ours to continue to be smart and save our money so we can do everything we want in the next few years. We have a lot of travel goals, and I want to stick to them!
- Double Up – I am looking forward to running 2 marathons in 2012 – the Country Music Marathon in April and the Chicago Marathon in October. I am working hard to fit and injury free on this journey!
- Push myself to the extreme – I thrive off of challenging myself and never settling. I want this to carry over into 2012 in fitness, work, and my personal life – a lot of great things are happening!
- Listen – I am very stubborn sometimes, so I am making it a point to listen to my body more! If I have pain, I need to take care of it and not push through it. If I am going to Double Up (above), then this is very important!
- Lose the watch - GPS watches are such a blessing, but it is also way to easy to get caught up in pace for every run. I would like to run once a week solely by feel, and not by pace!
Is your goal to run the ING NYC Marathon this year? Applications for the lottery open today, so go sign up!!