Happy February 1st!! It’s hard to believe we are already in the 2nd month of 2012!
By now, many many people have already given up on their goals and resolutions they set for the new year. I am not one of those people! My goals are in the front of my mind and I have been sticking to them! Here’s a quick update!
- Throw in some variety - I am making it a priority to make swimming part of my exercise routine. I haven’t been in the pool in years! I love the way I feel after a good swim – my muscles are fatigued, my body feels elongated, and I never feel beat up like I do after a long run. In 2012, I’m diving in! I also want to get more into yoga, and focus on elongating my muscles and becoming more flexible. Yoga practice is so calming, and I could really use some more relaxing workouts!
- I haven’t made it to the pool – yet! I have been getting in some great cross training, including yoga and cycling, but swimming has yet to make an appearance.
- Pull It Up - I have never been able to do a pull up completely on my own. This year, I am going to do just that! It seems small, but will be a big win for me! Hold me to that one!
- Each time I get to the gym, I always work on my pull-ups. I have been using the assisted machine lately, but I think it is time to step up to a real pull-up, just with some assistance.
- Continue to Save - Marcus and I sat down about a month ago, and mapped out the next few years financially. It is a goal of ours to continue to be smart and save our money so we can do everything we want in the next few years. We have a lot of travel goals, and I want to stick to them!
- January was the first month we really had our budget in place. We stuck to it in most areas, but going out to eat killed us. We are looking forward to planning out the meals we want to eat out with friends a bit better, and we should have no problem saving some more cash!
- Double Up - I am looking forward to running 2 marathons in 2012 – the Country Music Marathon in April and the Chicago Marathon in October. I am working hard to fit and injury free on this journey!
- I am working hard in my training for the Country Music Marathon, and the Chicago Marathon actually opens today!! I can not wait to sign up!!
- Push myself to the extreme - I thrive off of challenging myself and never settling. I want this to carry over into 2012 in fitness, work, and my personal life – a lot of great things are happening!
- Work is wild and crazy busy, and I love it. I am taking in as much as I can, as quickly as I can, so I have the ability to grow!
- Listen - I am very stubborn sometimes, so I am making it a point to listen to my body more! If I have pain, I need to take care of it and not push through it. If I am going to Double Up (above), then this is very important!
- I have definitely been listening more to my body. If I need to take a day off, or not cross train quite as hard, that is what I do. I have a massage scheduled for this week as well, so that should greatly help my muscles!
- Lose the watch - GPS watches are such a blessing, but it is also way to easy to get caught up in pace for every run. I would like to run once a week solely by feel, and not by pace!
- I have been able to leave my GPS every once in a while, but with so many distinct workouts for marathon training, I have been wearing it more often than not. If my plan calls for an easy run, I am GPS free so I do not concentrate on the pace that really does not even matter.