Back in January, so many people set goals and resolutions for the year ahead. How many people do you think are actively looking back on those goals to make sure they hold true? I am definitely making sure that my goals are achieved in 2012! My intention was to review my goals back in July, but seriously, where did that month go!? Well, here is a quick review!
- Throw in some variety – I am making it a priority to make swimming part of my exercise routine. I haven’t been in the pool in years! I love the way I feel after a good swim – my muscles are fatigued, my body feels elongated, and I never feel beat up like I do after a long run. In 2012, I’m diving in! I also want to get more into yoga, and focus on elongating my muscles and becoming more flexible. Yoga practice is so calming, and I could really use some more relaxing workouts!
- Pull It Up - I have never been able to do a pull up completely on my own. This year, I am going to do just that! It seems small, but will be a big win for me! Hold me to that one!
Hmmm, I was good on this for about a month, and have lost all desire to do it. I’ll put this one back to the front of my mind!
- Continue to Save – Marcus and I sat down about a month ago, and mapped out the next few years financially. It is a goal of ours to continue to be smart and save our money so we can do everything we want in the next few years. We have a lot of travel goals, and I want to stick to them!
Marcus and I have been doing great with this! We are very cognizant of the money we spend and save, and our on the way towards our goal!
- Double Up – I am looking forward to running 2 marathons in 2012 – the Country Music Marathon in April and the Chicago Marathon in October. I am working hard to fit and injury free on this journey!
This is half way done! I finished the Country Music Marathon in April, and am currently training for the Chicago Marathon! Only 65 days to go!!
- Push myself to the extreme – I thrive off of challenging myself and never settling. I want this to carry over into 2012 in fitness, work, and my personal life – a lot of great things are happening!
2012 has already been such a great year! I’ve run a few great races, finished a marathon injury free, and was even asked to be a Lululemon ambassador! I have a few more things up my sleeve, and can’t wait to share more with all of you!
- Listen – I am very stubborn sometimes, so I am making it a point to listen to my body more! If I have pain, I need to take care of it and not push through it. If I am going to Double Up (above), then this is very important!
I think that this will continue to be a work in progress for me. I am only running 4 days a week, and I have been cross training so much more. All of these things combined will help me to stay injury free, and really know how far to push my body.
- Lose the watch - GPS watches are such a blessing, but it is also way to easy to get caught up in pace for every run. I would like to run once a week solely by feel, and not by pace!
If any of my runs are not based on speed, then I leave my GPS at home. I wanted to not wear the watch on some pace runs, but I felt way too out of sorts. I would end up going way too fast, as some days I feel great, and other days my legs feel like lead. For me to truly get in my correct workouts, I have to wear the GPS on any type of speed runs. Otherwise, I could be completely compromising the workout. Oh well, you live and you learn!