Upcoming Races and Running Zooma!

With the unofficial kick off to fall comes so many great things:

Pumpkin Madness - Did you hear the PSL is back!?

Football Season

Fun colors

and the best part…. Fall Racing Season! We don’t have too many summer races in Florida because it is just far too hot to endure any kind of speedy mileage. However, come fall, lots of races start popping up! The only race that I am directly focused on right now is Chicago – which is now only 31 days away! After I run Chicago (and recover from Chicago!), I plan to get in a few half marathons before the year is over. Races I have coming up this fall are:

Women’s Running Half Marathon

Tampa Bay Times Turkey Trot

OUC Half Marathon

I know there are more races that will pop up around the holidays, but for now, I am definitely committed to these three! I have done them all in the past and have been very impressed by each one! Then once the new year comes around, I have quite a few half marathons lined up, and one in particular that I am extremely excited about….

I was asked by Zooma to be an ambassador for their newest race – Zooma Florida! (Full Disclosure: I am not being paid for the event, but I did receive a complimentary race entry.) The race is being hosted at the Ritz Carlton on Amelia Island, and I can not wait! I have never actually been to Amelia Island, so this sounds like the perfect opportunity to explore – running 13.1 miles seems like quite the tour! I tend to stick to local (ish) races that I have done time, and time again, but this will be a new course for me (and everyone else). I am really looking forward to participating in the weekend’s events. They have quite a few fun things on tap for all of the runners!

Besides, a race in Florida in January – the temperatures should be perfect! Maybe even a little bit cold for the duration of the race. I’ll just put those vibes out there now ;) Look out on other runners’ blogs for the Zooma badge! I have one that signifies that I am an ambassador (check it out on my sidebar!), and they have ones for everyone participating as well! This makes it even easier to connect with other participants!

What does your fall racing schedule look like? Any goal races out there?! Are you running Zooma too!?

1. Beth
    Beth September 5, 2012 at 8:59 am |

I’m also excited for fall! I can’t quite decide what I want to do but a Turkey Trot is def on the list. That local one has that rude hill at mile 2.7. Pisses me off every year. Lol!!

So cool on Zooma. I’ve been seeing info about it so perhaps I’ll look more into it. Congrats on being an ambassador!

2. Carissa
    Carissa September 5, 2012 at 9:08 am |

I’ll be at the Women’s Half In St Pete and then I have a HUGE race announcing schedule. I’m trying to find another one to do in Dec, but it will depend on how my knee/ankle feels. See you in St. Pete!

3. Liana@RunToMunch
    Liana@RunToMunch September 5, 2012 at 9:49 am |

Zooma seems fun! I signed myself up for 3 fall marathons in between a trip to Spain. One of the marathons is in Montreal so I’m a little excited for that one!

4. Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife
    Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife September 5, 2012 at 12:22 pm |

I am so excited for fall. I can’t believe the second half of race season is here! (:

5. Debbie
    Debbie September 5, 2012 at 12:29 pm |

I am doing the St. Pete Woman’s Half Marathon and most likely the 5k Tampa Bay Times Turkey Trot. Although if my legs would let me I would do the Clearwater challenge (5k, 1 mile, 10k). So much fun about the Zooma Race. It would be awesome to do it but I would need to win the Florida Lottery since my budget is already maxed out with the races that I have signed up for.

6. Victoria
    Victoria September 5, 2012 at 3:57 pm |

A few of us FF’s are planning on doing that race! I am excited :)

7. Amanda @RunToTheFinish
    Amanda @RunToTheFinish September 5, 2012 at 7:13 pm |

i may just be doing this race too ;)

8. Sarah
    Sarah September 5, 2012 at 8:40 pm |

I’m so anxious for our race season to start up as well! I’d love to do the Zooma race, but it’s the weekend after the Disney Marathon, and I’m not sure I’ll feel like doing a half that soon afterwards. I think you’ll have fun – Amelia Island is beautiful, and I loved the Ritz Carlton when I stayed there earlier this year.

9. 5 Things Friday
    5 Things Friday January 18, 2013 at 7:24 am |

[...] in the fall, I mentioned that I was given the opportunity to run Zooma Florida as a part of their ambassador program. Given that my last distance race was the first weekend in [...]