Well, I am still in Chicago enjoying vacation, so my Chicago Marathon Recap will be up on Wednesday. I promise! (It is taking me a while to write!) The Hungry Runner Girl posted this pop quiz last week, and encouraged others to answer, and share it! So here you have it! My answers to the pop quiz!
1. FUEL: Shot Bloks, GU, Energy Chews, Candy or Other?
Definitely Gu Chomps! All the way! I can not handle regular Gu – the texture gets to me.
2. Race Length: 5k, 10k, 1/2 Marathon, Marathon, Ultra or Other?
My favorite distance is probably the marathon. Crossing the finish line of a marathon is a pretty wonderful feeling. There really is nothing else like it!
3. Workout Bottoms: Skirts, Running Shorts, Capris, Pants or Other?
I love a good running skirt, as long as they have shorts underneath, and those shorts have antislip bands on the seams. Very important!
4. Sports Drink: Gatorade, Powerade, Cytomax, you stick to water when you run or Other?
I’m a fan of Gatorade, as long as it is watered down. The full brew stuff is wayyy too sugary for my tastes!
5. Running Temperatures: HEAT or COLD?
Definitely cold!! I feel like I can run for soo much longer when it is cold out, compared to the stick heat! I am so much more comfortable in cooler running temps!
6. Running Shoe Brands: Suacony, Mizuno, Nike, Brooks, Asics or Other?
I’m a Brooks Glycerins girl! Through and through!
7. Pre-race meal: Oatmeal, Bagel, Banana, Eggs, Cereal or Other?
I eat a bagel (or english muffin) with peanut butter. It is perfect!
8. Rest Days: 1x per week, 2x or more per week, never ever ever or Other?
I like to run 4-5 days a week, cross train 2 days, and have 1 rest day. ALWAYS have rest days!!!
9. Music: Have to have it or go without it?
Depends – long runs, I must have music. I just get bored way, way too fast! But easy 3-5 mile run, I can easily get by with just the thoughts in my head
10. #1 reason for running: stress-relief, endorphins, you love to race, so you can eat all the cupcakes you want, weight-loss, love running for social reasons or other?
My #1 reason is because it is the one thing in my life that is 100% for me, and no one else. I run because I love the sport and the community that it provides. It is so much fun!
Now it’s your turn! Answer a couple of questions in the comments, or post this quiz yourself!