PureProject & Spring Marathons

So whoever said spending time on Facebook gets you nowhere was proven wrong in my book today! Brooks Running (aka, the only running shoe I will wear)  is holding a contest in cities across the country. They started off in Boston, then came to Tampa yesterday, and will be hitting up Nashville, Austin, Portland, and Seattle for the rest of the week. Pretty much, it is a scavenger hunt. They post pictures in a spot in the designated city with a clue, and whoever finds the Brooks Guru first wins a pretty sweet swag bag! This photo was posted at lunch on Tuesday.

I honestly was expecting the picture to be in a more well known part of Tampa, based on yesterday’s picture in Boston Common. When the picture popped up, I noticed I was close – really close! Being that it was 12 noon, I was a-ok to hop in my car and just use a lunch break to hunt down the Guru! I made it to the spot in just 6 minutes, and was the first one there!!

All I had to do was say a simple “Did I win PureProject on the Run?” and the prize pack was mine! Wooo hooo!

So why is Brooks giving away free stuff? Their new line of PureProject shoes are now in stores and they want to make sure everyone knows it! They hooked me up! I will be mailed 2 new pair of Pure Project shoes of my choice. I went ahead with the Pure Flows that I already love, and I am going to give the Pure Drifts a shot as well. What else was in my swag bag? See for yourself!

And its a great that I have some more Brooks gear coming my way as I am going to be needing it this spring! I finally chose my spring marathon and signed up on Monday night. I’ll be heading to Louisville, Kentucky the last week of April to run the Kentucky Derby Marathon! I actually ran this race as my second marathon back in 2009, but really didn’t train for it much. I want a second chance on this course for 2013! My whole family lives up in Louisville, so that didn’t hurt my decision either. Running a marathon and getting to see my aunts, uncles, and cousins? Sign me up! Well, I guess I already did that! ;0)

The course is really pretty, running through a couple of parks, along the river, and even through Churchill Downs (where the Kentucky Derby is actually held each year)! That was definitely my favorite part last time! The elevation chart has a couple of spikes but nothing too crazy. Very manageable for this Florida girl!

So there ya have it – this has been quite the start of the week for me! I wouldn’t have it any other way!

Disclaimer: I wasn’t paid to write this post by Brooks Running. My super savvy social media stalking skills led me to earning this ridiculous bag of swag. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Is Brooks coming to your city? Do you plan to keep an eye out for them? What about your spring race – have you picked it yet?

1. beka @ rebecca roams
    beka @ rebecca roams January 9, 2013 at 7:30 am |

WHOA!! That is an awesome prize pack!! Way to go!
    I saw the post when they were mentioning being in town and was just a little bummed when I saw the location because I literally used to work within 1 mile :) (but now I’m out in Lakeland). That definitely looks like a marathon to put on my bucket list considering I can barely make it up the puny hills around town! I have family in TN which isn’t too far and surprisingly for as big of a horse lover that I am I’ve never been to Louisville or the Kentucky Derby!

2. meghan @ little girl in the big world
    meghan @ little girl in the big world January 9, 2013 at 7:49 am |

Congrats on the prize pack! That’s some pretty awesome stuff. I have been wanting to try the Pure project shoes and may get some to try out after this weekend! And I’m excite to follow your training for your spring marathon. That should be a fun one. I’ve been to Churchill Downs a few times; it’s so pretty!

Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes January 9, 2013 at 8:47 am |

Wow, way to take what the defense gives you–so cool! :) I’ve won a few Twitter trivia giveaways, so it pays to be plugged into social media.

Exciting marathon news too! Heading home for a local race is awesome. I plan to do a triathlon in my hometown this season, so I hope my family members will cheer me on. :)

4. Ali
    Ali January 9, 2013 at 9:31 am |

Whoaaa!! That’s so cool! I hope they’re coming to Minneapolis soon!

5. Kelly @ Cupcake Kelly's
    Kelly @ Cupcake Kelly's January 9, 2013 at 2:20 pm |

That’s awesome! I am sad I missed the Boston one, but probably wouldn’t have made it with the toddler in tow.

6. Jacqueline
    Jacqueline January 9, 2013 at 4:05 pm |

I live in Louisville and that was my first marathon just last spring! Such a wonderful time to visit the city! Hit up night racing at Churchill Downs that Saturday night as your finish celebration!

Congrats on the Brooks win!

7. Kat
    Kat January 9, 2013 at 5:38 pm |

Dang! I’m all the way in Brandon and was stuck at work and couldn’t come out there ;) I can’t wait to start working with Brooks this year, and will be with them at the expo on Friday! I love the Pure Cadence, they’re my favorite shoe – I just wished I didn’t run though them so quickly! Congrats!

8. Stacey
    Stacey January 10, 2013 at 1:46 am |

Hi Mary! I am originally from New Albany, IN-right across from Louisville. I am planning on running the KY Derby Full Marathon as my first full! I was supposed to do New York….so this will be my second attempt at my first full. I hope to be able to say hi at the race!!

9. Julie @ Sweetly Balanced
    Julie @ Sweetly Balanced January 11, 2013 at 6:37 am |

Wow!! this is awesome!! Congrats, looks like some great prizes and new sneakers? Who wouldn’t love that!! :)

10. order prohormones
    order prohormones April 19, 2014 at 5:25 pm |

Another awesome post on your site, keep up good work!

11. keystone ski lessons
    keystone ski lessons August 23, 2014 at 5:59 pm |

I believe this is among the such a lot significant info for me.
    And i am glad studying your article. However wanna remark on some common things,
    The web site taste is wonderful, the articles is in reality excellent : D.
    Just right job, cheers