Nothing like a week off from blogging, huh? Not quite sure how that happened, but that means we are up to another week of updates! It was a busy week and weekend for sure. Can you tell in the photo? Hello tired eyes…
What’s up with the baby:
- He or she is the size of a pineapple. Based on our doctor’s appointment last Friday, the baby is measuring in at 4lbs 10oz.
- The skeleton is starting to harden and the baby is looking less alien like.
- The bones in his or her skull aren’t fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. These bones don’t entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.
What’s up with me:
Weight gained: 21 lbs as of my weigh in last Friday. I’ve gained 2 lbs in the past two months, which the doctor said is fine. I have noticed being a bit hungrier lately at night, and have been eating an extra snack. I have a feeling the next month might shoot the scale up a bit, which is fine with me. Anything for a healthy baby!
Workouts: Last week was great in the workout front. I ran 3 times, and did 3 strength training workouts! Woo hoo! My runs are all 2.5 miles now – no longer. I don’t even try to stretch them out. I have a comfortable 2.5 mile loop I really like, and mix running and a little walking together. Its been working super well lately.
- Low back ache at the end of a long day.
- A super full feeling stomach, almost all the time. My meals are becoming smaller and a bit more frequent.
- Shortness of breath. I can always feel the baby pushing against my ribs and lungs. Deep, slow breaths are getting harder and harder to come by.
Movement: Super often! Its much more like the baby is making slow movements instead of the kicks and jabs like before. I think someone is starting to be a bit more crammed in there.
Food Aversions/Cravings: Food hasn’t really looked all that good to me lately. I really just eat because I know I need to. I am thinking that has to do with my stomach feeling so full. I’m still doing my best to eat lots of veggies and limit the sugar. I did have my first milkshake of the entire pregnancy last week though. It was worth every sip!
Sleep: Like a champ!
Stretch marks: Nada
Fun Things from the week: Our 32 week appointment went great. The baby is measuring a week ahead in growth and gave us an amazing sonogram! We got to see a beautiful profile shot, and saw him or her swallow and move the lips. I can not wait to see this baby in my arms in a few weeks!!
We also attended birth classes at the hospital we are delivering at. They were very informative, and included a tour of the hospital. It was really great to see the actual Labor and Delivery rooms, as well as the post-partum suites. I feel much more at ease after seeing where we will be welcoming Baby Baum into the world! I plan to talk more about the birth research I’ve done and what we are choosing, but this will be after Baby Baum is here.
Belly Button In or Out? Out out out.
Wedding Rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time? Very happy. I really haven’t had many moody moments in the pregnancy
New Baby Items: No new items this week, although that will definitely be changing soon since our baby shower is next weekend! I did get a Gabrialla support band to help with some of my back pain. Review coming soon!
Looking forward to: The baby shower!!! I am getting so so so excited!