9 months and counting! My oh my, this baby is getting big!
The baby’s details:
- According to our ultrasound from this morning, Baby Baum is measuring in the 50th percentile (great!) at 6 lbs 11 0z. This, of course, is just a guess really and could be off by up to a pound in either direction.
- He or she is getting closer and closer to being able to breathe on their own.
- His or her skin is getting smooth and soft and gums are rigid.
- His or her liver and kidneys are in working order.
- Circulation and immune systems are basically good to go, too.
Weight gained: Up a solid 25 lbs. They don’t expect me to gain too much more, since as this point its pretty much all baby. I should be expecting another couple of pounds, but that’s it.
Workouts: Still did well in the workout department. Last week included 3 runs and 1 strength session. I didn’t make it to yoga though – I’ll be back this week! I did notice my pelvis was quite sore after yesterday’s run. I think the baby has dropped a bit and is putting added pressure down there. If it happens again, I’ll be sticking to walking from here on out. No need to be hurting just for a silly 2.5 mile run.
- Low back pain at night
- Have to pee A LOT! It is getting to the point where it is interrupting my sleep – so not cool.
- Feeling full pretty fast.
- Minor contractions. The doctor said I was having one this morning as she was measuring my belly, but I didn’t feel it. At this point, she said that is super normal.
- I am 1cm dilated, 50% effaced, and measure at -3, which the doctor said is all on point. So far so good.
Movement: The baby is still in my ribs a bit, but not nearly as bad as before. I feel like jabs and rolls all the time though. This baby makes his or her presence known.
Food Aversions/Cravings: I have been somewhat been turned off by some food lately. I have been craving carbs again, but not nearly as bad as the first trimester. I’ll be grossed out by veggies at lunch, but then fine with them at dinner. It is pretty give or take
Sleep: Sleep hasn’t been quite as great as it was. Since the baby has lowered a bit, there is a lot of pressure on my bladder, so I am having to pee a lot more. Its been taking me a little longer to fall asleep at night as well, which is less than ideal. I’m still getting 8-9 hours, just not quite as soundly as I once was.
Stretch marks: Nada
Fun Things from the week: We had our very last ultrasound today. We’ve been getting one every month to monitor the baby’s growth since the umbilical cord is in a strange spot in the placenta. Next time we see the baby, it is going to be on its birthday. That is hard to believe!
Belly Button In or Out? Out!
Wedding Rings on or off? On!
Happy or Moody most of the time? Happy!
Miss anything? I am getting to the point where I really want to run – fast. I had a dream this past week where I was doing a workout with my friends, and I actually woke up jealous that I wasn’t able to actually do it – silly, I know. I’ll be taking plenty of time off post baby, but I know I’ll be excited to get back out there and get a good sweat on.
New Baby Items: Things here and there from the registry that we need, but didn’t receive at the shower. We have little boxes of things showing up most days of the week. All that’s left is for the breast pump to come in (thank you insurance!) and to choose a baby monitor. I would like one that we can use our cell phones to view, as well as a regular monitor too. Does anyone have one of those? Are they overkill, or nice to have when you are out of the house and want to check in?
Looking forward to: Meeting the baby on its birthday! I am getting anxious to find out the gender, without a doubt. Only a few more weeks at this point!